In celebration of this year’s Labor Day holiday, Team AgLearn is providing information and resources to encourage engagement with our annual recognition of the labor movement and its important role in U.S. life.
Labor Day Background
Labor Day was created by the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. In 1894, following several years of individual city parades and celebrations, Congress declared the first Monday of September to be Labor Day, a holiday dedicated to workers.
More information on Labor Day history External Link.
- Video: Wage and hour laws External Link
- Video: Introduction to employee and labor relations External Link
- Learning Path: How to Cultivate Work-Life Balance External Link
- Course: Sleep is Your Superpower External Link
- Course: Senior Professional in Human Resources: Labor Relations External Link
- Course: Senior Professional in Human Resources: Employment Legislation External Link
- Channel: Work/Life Balance External Link
- eBook: An Introduction to U.S. Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations External Link