On Monday, January 16, 2023, we honor and reflect on our commitment and shared history towards advancing civil rights for all Americans as we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s enduring legacy and influence. Year-round, and especially during this time, we consider the ways in which we as a nation, an organization, and as individuals can be ever-more inclusive and just. At AgLearn and across USDA, we dedicate ourselves to advancing our values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in all we do. In our service to each other and the public, we see, hear, and value all people and treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve.
The information below is a portion of content quoted from President Biden's Proclamation on Martin Luther King, Jr., Federal Holiday, 2023 External Link
"In keeping with Dr. King’s campaign for economic justice and the rights of workers, my Administration is striving to make the American Dream a reality for every family. By creating good-paying jobs, investing in the middle class, improving access to affordable housing and quality education, and closing the racial and gender wealth gaps, we can give hardworking families the dignity Dr. King would say they deserve.
Dr. King called for greater fairness in our health care system, and my Administration is pushing to put quality, affordable health care within reach of all people — especially the most vulnerable and marginalized Americans. By lowering costs and improving access, we can make health care a right and not just a privilege."
- More information about the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday and Day of Service External Link
- MLK Day of Service Resources and Service Opportunities External Link
- Information from the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture on the History of the MLK Holiday and Day of Service External Link
- Course: Foundations of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging External Link
- Course: Inclusion and Equity for Workers with Disabilities External Link
- Course: Creating Inclusive Learning Experiences External Link
- Course: Business Leadership, Social Change, and Movements External Link
- Learning Path: How to Engage Meaningfully in Allyship and Anti-Racism External Link
- Learning Channel: Embracing Diversity External Link
- Learning Channel: Creating Cultures of Inclusion External Link
- Learning Channel: Embracing Equity External Link
- Book: The Anti-Racist Organization: Dismantling Systemic Racism in the Workplace External Link
- Book: Positively Purple: Build an Inclusive World Where People with Disabilities Can Flourish External Link