In celebration of this year’s National Ag Day, Team AgLearn is providing information and resources to encourage awareness of this annual event. This year’s theme is, “Agriculture: Growing a Climate for Tomorrow.”
National Ag day was created to recognize and celebrate the abundance provided by agriculture. Every year, producers, agricultural associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and countless others across America join together to recognize the contributions of agriculture. The Agriculture Council of America hosts the campaign on a national level. However, the awareness efforts in communities across America are as influential - if not more - than the broad-scale effort.
In short, Ag Day is about recognizing - and celebrating - the contribution of agriculture in our everyday lives. The National Ag Day program encourages every American to:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant, and affordable products.
More information and resources about National Ag Day 2023 External Link
- Video: Exploring agriculture with CropScape External Link
- Video: How AI is transforming agriculture External Link
- Video: Buying and selling in commodities External Link
- Course: Predictive Analytics: Case Studies for AI in Agriculture External Link
- eBook: Agricultural Informatics: Automation Using the IoT and Machine Learning External Link
Ag Day Virtual Event
9:30 - 10:30 AM eastern
Ag Day at USDA
Whitten Patio - USDA
14th St SW
Washington, D.C. 20228
10:30 - 11:30 AM eastern
- Featured USDA Guest Speaker
- AFBF President Zippy Duvall
- Ag Day Student Representatives
Taste of Ag Reception
Library of Congress -- Montpelier Room
5:30 - 7:00 PM eastern
Register for the Ag Day - Taste of Ag Reception event External Link