Last Updated: August 15, 2023
In celebration of this year’s Women’s Equality Day, Team AgLearn is providing information and resources to encourage engagement with this annual commemoration of the passage of the 19th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
From the 1973 Joint Resolution External Link: “Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, that August 26, 1973, is designated as ‘Women's Equality Day’, and the President is authorized and requested to issue a proclamation in commemoration of that day in 1920 on which the women of America were first guaranteed the right to vote. Approved August 16, 1973.”
Selected AgLearn Resources
- Learning Path: Skills for Advancing as a Woman in Leadership External Link
- Course: Success Strategies for Women in the Workplace External Link
- Course: Own it: The Power of Women at Work External Link
- Course: Equity First: The Path to Inclusion and Belonging External Link
- eBook: Inclusion, Inc.: How to Design Intersectional Equity into the Workplace External Link
- eBook: Career and Family: Women’s Century-Long Journey toward Equity External Link
- Percipio-Skillsoft Channel: Women & Leadership External Link
- Percipio-Skillsoft Channel: Embracing Equity External Link
DigitALL: Innovation and Technology for Gender Equality
Description: 2023 Women of USDA Inaugural Conference. A gender-responsive approach to innovation, technology and digital education can increase the awareness of women regarding their potential for advancement in the federal workplace. Advancements in digital technology offer immense opportunities to address professional development of federally employed women at USDA. (For more information reference the flyer attached to the bottom of this site announcement.)
- APHIS PPQ
- FEW New Horizons Chapter
- Women in Agriculture
- APHIS Work Life Wellness
When: August 16-18, 2023 (11:00am - 4:00pm EST)
USDA's Women's Equality Day of Observance 2023 (in person and virtual event)
Description: Women's Equality Day is August 26, which is a good time to highlight the power every woman has to make a positive impact in our workplace, communities and beyond. This year's theme, "Empowering Women, Empowering the World," sets the perfect stage for esteemed USDA panelists to illuminate their stories of triumph, resilience, and unwavering determination, which can serve as powerful inspiration for the next generation of aspiring women leaders.
The highlight of the program will be a Fireside Chat that includes Deputy Secretary Xochitl Torres Small and Dr. Penny Brown Reynolds, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights.
Hosted by: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (OASCR)
When: August 24, 2023
Virtual event: starts at 1:00pm. Register at Women's Equality Day of Observance 2023 External Link
In person event: starts at 12:30pm ET on the Whitten Patio, light refreshments will be served.
USDA Information & Resources for Women’s Equality Day
- USDA-Federal Women’s Program Information External Link
- Feature Article: “NIFA Celebrates Women’s Equality Day” External Link
- Feature Article: “Women’s Equality Day has roots in the Forest Service” External Link